Tuesday, September 30, 2008

the most magical place





Check out Ammon's expression. Cohen looks a little crazy too.















You can email the pics to yourself. Something free at Disneyland? Shocker, I know.




Where do I begin? We just had the best time on our trip. It went by way to fast, we got little sleep, but we played hard and it was a blast. The weather was great (maybe a bit too warm) and the lines were short! We were able to go on every ride we wanted to. Often multiple times. Disneyland was even more magical than I remembered it being. Walking down main street literally gave me chills. I even enjoyed the kid rides. Ammon could go on almost every ride. Even Rylee could go on a lot of the rides and she really enjoyed them.

Disneyland is just so family friendly. For rides that everyone can't go on they have a baby pass. The person waiting with the kids gets a pass to use once the first group goes. Then they get to jump to the front. Ammon was a little hesitant to go on the adult rides after Space Mountain. In California Adventure he went on the Tower of Terror and hated it. He screamed and started crying in the middle of it. Surprisingly he actually liked the Haunted Mansion. His favorite ride was probably Pirates of the Caribbean. But he also loved Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Toy Story, Nemo, and Soarin over California (as did we all)! Cohen on the other hand loved every ride and would stomp his feet and get very upset if he wasn't big enough to go on a ride.

On Friday we stayed the whole day from 9:00 in the morning until 10:30 at night. We were all exhausted but it was well worth it. We stayed to watch the parade which was very entertaining, the fireworks and hop back and forth from Disney to CA Adventure. The kids did great. We ended up renting a stroller for Ammon that day because he was exhausted from walking so much. I was wishing I could get one too! Aunt Julie, Emily, Rachon, Max, her brother Brett and mom Kelly all came with us on Friday. We had a great time seeing everyone. Aunt Julie was a great help and Emily entertained the boys. Unfortunately Grandma didn't get as much attention when Emily came.

I'm so glad my mom came. She was a great help plus she loves Disney as much as anyone. She's always game for anything.

Saturday we went to Newport Beach and let the kids play. We used to have a Pomeroy reunion every couple of years there. It brought back some great memories.

I love Disneyland! I want to go back next year but I'm afraid that if I go too often it will lose some of the magic for me. Maybe in two years. It is a wonderful place to take a family vacation just don't expect to come home rested.

13 comments:

Pam said...

Thanks sooo much for letting me come-it was a blast!!! Loved being with your little family!!

Sarie said...

So much fun! I love newport, too, it's my favorite. So beautiful.

Christi said...

It looks like y'all had so much fun!! I love Disney it's the best.
It's awesome that your mom got to go too, I know she wouldn't have wanted to miss the kids faces!

Kasey said...

JEALOUS! We'll come with you in two years, k? So glad you had such a great time. Love all the pictures and I can't wait to be in them next time. Seriously. I'm not joking.

I had to laugh at the picture of you and mom on the beach covered up under the blankets!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel,

It was fun looking at all pictures - I'm so glad you were able to take a family vacation to Disneyland, what great memories for the boys...Rylee's too young.

Good to have you back blogging! Missed ya :)

Tawny said...

Umm - annonymous above is Tawny (I'm always so rushed at work and haven't had time to figure all this stuff out!)

Heidi said...

I love Disneyland, Buzz Lightyear is my favorite, and i am glad to see Ammon hitting it up with the princess ;-). What a fun trip! Definitely memories for a lifetime

Jami said...

Love your pictures...you make me want to go to Disneyland! Maybe we'll meet you and Kasey in two years! Can't wait to see that cute family of yours! yea!

Natty said...

What fun thing to do with the fam. I actually saw your mom in the LA airport on her way back from disneyland, we were on our way back from Mexico. She said that youguys al had a blast.
I cant wait to take Teegin sometime

Lindsey said...

makes me want to go to disneyland! oh, family reunions at newport. so much fun.

can't believe how bug rylee is!!

{Erica} said...

doesn't that place rock?! I can't wait to buy a season pass next year! (although I'm like you and afraid that the magic might be gone if we go too often, but a lot of our friends just go there for date night...fun!) Also did you know that you can register so you get in free on your birthday? That might be fun, it's kinda pricey to get in.

That buzz ride was hilliarious. I kept hitting Mailee's head because I was "helping" shoot that bad and kept whacking her in the process.

The nemo ride was another favorite.

We timed it so that the longest wait in line we had to do was 30 minutes! fast pass and family pass is the way to go.

looks like you had a blast! I can't wait to be near a beach.

Kinsey said...

Hey Kelly! Cute blog, adorable family, and awesome vacation!! I've been trying to get Joe out of here forever. He looked at your blog and said "we need to go on a vacation!" So thank you!!!! I finally joined the modern world and set up a blog. I need to get your email so I can add you!! Hope all is well!

Celeste said...

What a great trip ... I love Disneyland. I love all the great pictures you got. I bet your boys had a blast and way to go Ammon for going on the adult rides!