Monday, September 15, 2008

let the good times roll

After a little rearranging we cozy up to watch a movie and eat popcorn together as a fam. The boys think we have our own little theater. This is quickly becoming a Friday night tradish.


Ammon gave himself a haircut! When he looked at it in the mirror he started crying and didn't want to go to school today. He wore a hat and went to school.

Rylee loves this toy. She pushes it all over and then climbs on top and stands up.

Wow that's a crazy face.



Love this boy in a hat.


I love my little family. We have so much fun together. Jody and I have been cracking up at them lately.


Last night the boys were still talking after 10:00 p.m. Jody went in to tell them to go to bed and Cohen said, "I'm singing to Ammon to help him go to sleep." He was singing everyone's favorite lullaby the ABC's.


We played 'hide and go seek' in the house after FHE tonight. I was hiding in the closet for quite a while waiting for Ammon to find me. Jody finally warned me that it could be a while because Ammon took a break and had to go #2. It's hilarious playing with them. If Cohen doesn't tell me where Ammon is hiding than Ammon's gives it away by his laughing in anticipation of me finding him.


Ammon jumped out of the car this afternoon after school sat right down on the pavement and picked a dandelion, closed his eyes, blew and said, "I wish I was King Kong." It was the cutest thing. I was dieing that I didn't have my camera right then. He didn't even notice that I was watching. Then he got up, went in the house and started watching videos of wolves on youtube. I love his little mind.
We head to Disneyland next week!

17 comments:

The White Way said...

They are so funny! I am so jealous that you get to go to Disneyland. Let me know how everything goes because someday I would love to take the family.

Community Vision said...

Kelly, it is so great that you are creating so many memories of your kids at this adorable age. I think that you appreciate being at home with them and that amidst the chaos you choose to see the beauty of your babies. I admire your cheery yet, realistic parenting. Thank you:)

Christi said...

Disney is the best!!! I am so Jealous! We went to Disney World at the beginning of the summer and had a blast. I can't wait to hear all about your trip! We have movie night on Friday nights (unless Jason is on shift) too! My kids look foward to it all week.

Aubree said...

We have movie nights too!
Your kids are going to love Disneyland! Where did you decide to stay and did that website help? have fun!

Natty said...

what a cute little family you have, that movie night is such a great idea. I love Cohens' hair long, dont cut it.

Kasey said...

Ammon is so funny! I love his wish on the dandelion. And his "break" from hide and go seek.
I can't believe he cut his hair! Poor kid. At least he realized it didn't look good.

The other kids look adorable too. Love Cohen in a hat. Your movie night looks so fun!

{Erica} said...

Super rad idea with the movie...is it on a wall or a projector screen? My girls would love that!

As for Ammon's hair cut, I'm keeping all appendages crossed that my girls don't figure out how to cut their hair...I will die!

Have fun in disneyland!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your kids at disneyland. Rachon says she is going to try and come. She lives about 45 minutes away. Emily is so excited. Aunt Julie

Pam said...

Can't wait to come for a movie night. I am so excited about Disneyland!! Love the pics of the cute kids. Can't wait to kiss and hug them!

Kalie said...

You do have a great family :) The conversations that kids have are absolutely hilarious. I am jealous that you are going to disneyland. I want to take the kids there so bad!

Rachon & Jared to the Max said...

Julie invited Max and I to meet up with you guys at Disneyland on Friday. I can't wait! I haven't seen you or you kids in so long. Love the blog, your boys are a riot.

Alex and Mitch said...

hahaha...hilarious kids! Your little family is so cute! movie night and hide and go seek sounds so fun! How funny that ammon was upset about his hair...he is pretty into style and appearances for a 5 year old! The pics of Roo are hilarious...kinda scary...she looks like king kong. ha. but the last one is sooo cute! Cohen is so cute in the hat. I love that he was singing ABCs to Ammon. The king kong story is hilarious...and the wolves on youtube. When you were in mexico he would make me get online and look up pictures of leprachauns for him everyday.

Angela said...

Your posts are seriously so entertaining...I love your family! : )

Missy said...

We've been wanting to do a movie night like that in our backyard. It looks SO fun...

You're coming down close to me! Look for some homes and a job too and then you can move close by:)

Anonymous said...

Kelly I miss ya'll so much!! Ya'll are such an amazing family. Being here in Provo makes me think of ya'll pretty much everyday : ) I hope you guys are doing GREAT and hopefully I will see you all soon!! The kids have gotten so big!! They are all absolutely adorable!! Must run in the family : ) I love ya'll!
-Hayli
P.S. Love you sporting that A hat uncle Jody : )

Celeste said...

Lucky you going to Disneyland!! Your kids are so cute seriously say the funniest things. And what a great Friday night!

Jami said...

Love movie night and can't wait for that! You do have the cutest little family. That last picture of Rylee looks a lot like you when you were little to me. I love all these cute things the boys say and can only imagine Keal's conversations. Right now they are a little hard to understand! Have fun in Disneyland!!! Ok, when you get back we must get together-seriously.