Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Labor Day

Ammon and Lex

The cage

entertaining herself




Welcome to my tree house!







I wasn't looking forward to taking our small tribe to Trinity last weekend. Rylee is at this fun age where she can't stay still. If we let her down she takes off. To keep her safe she must be enclosed or tied down at all times. Knowing we would be on a boat where she would have to wear a life jacket or in camp where she would be stuck in the trailer or strapped into her stroller I was anticipating drama. Fortunately the drama was limited to car rides only! We actually had a great weekend.

The boys love the lake and Cohen is such a pleasure to take now. He had a great potty training weekend. Rylee handled her wearing a life jacket like a champ which made it easier for me to relax.

Highlights:
  • Jody took his bike and went on a few rides. One in which he thought he heard a bear! And saw lots of bear poop.
  • We all slept outside with my dad. Except for mom. Love falling asleep looking for shooting stars and imagining the worlds upon worlds that exist.
  • Waking up in the middle of the night and everyone needing to pee.
  • Laughing so hard my stomach hurt.
  • Taking the boys to their beloved tree house.
  • Hearing Ammon say, "This is the best day ever!" He got to swim, go to the tree house numerous times, get ice cream cones at Trinity Alps, watch the Lion King and roast marshmallows.
  • Seeing Ammon and Cohen entertain each other for hours.
  • Finishing Breaking Dawn. Call me a sucker (hah) but I loved it.
  • All of us adults taking naps after church in the middle of camp while the boys played and did whatever they wanted in the background.
  • Cohen pulling down his pants whenever and wherever he felt the need!
  • Turtle hunting with Dad though none were caught this time :(.
  • Keeping up to date on Alex's romance. They love each other!
  • Seeing Cohen really feel like he belonged with Ammon and his friends Jake and Lex.
  • Watching my best friends kids and my kids play together. You always dream of this day when your younger but to see it actually happen is so cool.
  • Rylee locked up in her cage lounging back on her chair.
  • Spending yet another wonderful vacation with two of my favorite people, Mom and Dad!

Anything else mom? I'm sad to say that I didn't even get into the water!


8 comments:

Community Vision said...

Seeing that tree house brought back so many memories...oh pinewood cove. It's hard to go back when I had so many relaxing times. I am glad that you continue to create the life long memories with your children. Take Care Kelly

Lindsey said...

I'm jealous, girl. We've got to make it to the lake next summer. That place is heaven. Is Cohen seriously looking that big?! He has grown up this summer. Give all your kids a big hug and kiss from their fave aunt. (that's me:)

Heidi said...

I love lake trips with family. By far my favorite thing about summer.

Janelle said...

I love the cage!! I think I need to get one of those for my house:)) j/k

The White Way said...

Cute pictures. Love the one of Ammon and Lex! I do love the fact that our kids play so well together and that Cohen thinks that he is part of the group. Wow were does time go they grow up so fast.

Celeste said...

What a great weekend! Lucky Lady... getting to go to Trinity! Very cute pictures!

Pam said...

Great post. We had such a fun weekend. I want your pictures. So cute. The kids were amazing and constantly keep me entertained! We love spending time with the Edmondson clan. I haven't even blogged about the trip since I've worked all week. My blogs are very scarce on my work week.

Anonymous said...

Great post kell-Bell, I used to sleep outside under the stars by myself but those days are long gone, love those late night conversations under the stars and Ammon and Cohen sleeping next to meGreat time I remember when you kids were that age just a couple of summers ago it seems. Dad