
"Hi there, Here are the photos I took yesterday of your budding physical engineers! The image of your family sitting on the floor together patiently building those little houses stayed with my husband and me all day. The older we get, the more we've learned to appreciate a loving family when we see one! :) Thanks for letting us invade your space for a few moments. :)" Linda


This was just a wonderful week for me. We did a lot of fun things with the kids, my dad came down and we of course had great weather. But what made it such a great week were moments like the one above or when a friend of Lindsey's in London sent me one of the kindest emails. Another wonderful moment happened at church today. A very young mom of a one year old daughter in our ward asked me to go to the park with her last week. I hesitated at first because it wasn't going to be convenient for me but for some reason said yes. We went to the park and then to Costco and I enjoyed spending time with her. Most of the conversation was light and easy but we did talk for a few moments about her life and struggles she was having. Then today in sacrament meeting she bore her testimony. I know this isn't something she normally does. She was giving a wonderful testimony when all of the sudden she looked at me and personally thanked me for going to the park with her that week and how it was so good to talk to me about trials in her life. I had no idea how much that had meant to her. It was a great moment.
Today I am grateful for my life. I'm grateful for my kids, husband, and home. I am grateful for parents who taught me right and wrong. Right now I am especially grateful for my testimony. Sometimes I have a hard time describing it in words. More than anything it's a feeling. And I love that feeling. I love that I know where to turn when I am having a difficult time and that sometimes I feel Christ's love in my heart so strongly that it brings me to tears and makes me want to be a better everything.
17 comments:
What a great post! I love that lady did that at Home Depot.
And did you cut your hair along time ago? Maybe I missed that post. It looks v. cute.
I was going to ask the same thing about your hair... so very, very cute!
I love this post. I've been thinking a lot lately about my life and my blessings. Seems like there are so many sad things going on and it's so nice to have the Gospel in our lives. Thanks for your words!
Kelly belly, you are the sweetest. Love those moments that make you thankful for everything. It's always nice to reminded of how much we have to be thankful for, so thank you! I love all your great moments. Your hair is awesome! Let's get some more pictures of Y-O-U!
That was such a nice post. I love those moments when you stop and really appreciate everything in our lives. I have those often and after I reflect on everything I always feel so good inside. I must say that I LOVE seeing those boys in their home depot aprons...yay for you guys. I also LOVE your hair :)
Almost had me in tears, Kell. I'm so lucky to have you as my sister! Love the woman from home depot, because though pictures really are adorable and you guys are such a cute, loving fam. I LOVE your hair. It looks so so good. I think the color/cut is my fave on you.
Such a sweet post Kellbell. Loved it. Love those sweet moments in life when you realize how blessed you are. And you are and I am. I have felt similar to you today as i attended church and had time to reflect on my blessings.
Your hair looks super cute!!
I just got my haircut on Friday. Unfortunately I wasn't looking at the camera when she took the photo. I'll get one up of me this week with the new do.
Forgot to mention that the lady assumed my dad was my husband and the kids father! I emailed her back and told her otherwise. She was shocked!!!
Fantastic Kelly. What a great post. It takes those little things to help us realize our most precious possessions. You are just fantastic. I have to ditto your last paragraph. Thanks for sharing!
And you DO look great! (Sexy momma!)
That's awesome about them thinking that your dad was your husband! I love it! You do look so cute.
Thanks for the words of wisdom and gratitude. Great reminder.
xo
What a great post - it really made me want to try harder this week to listen to the spirit. You are awesome and such a good example! How funny that she thought that was your husband! Funny!
The home depot women is so cute! Thats so sweet that she did that. I totally agree on the whole being thankful for the things that you have. I have had a hard time with that but lately I am just greatful for each day that goes by that I have my kids and husband because there is to much bad stuff that happens. Thats so cute she thought your dad looks like your husband way to go Lee you look good for your age. By the way thanks so much for dinner Sunday night, it was delish!!!!
Can I just say I am so sick of everyone thinking your dad is so young?? Noone ever thinks I'm Jody's wife!!! I am definitely having cosmetic surgery in the future to keep up with my young husband!
i was kind of thinking she must have thought your dad was your husband when I was reading. So funny... and pam, don't worry, you are a hot mama yourself!
Great post KB I loved doing things with my grand kids, wish they all lived a little closer. Had a great time with you , Jody and the kids. I think your mom did a great job raiseing you girls. She is a Hot wife! Dad
What a great post Kelly! I loved it. And the photos really are so cute.
Wait, can you send me the photo? I have to take it to my hair lady, I have an appointment on the 24th and desperately need something new again. Cute cut!
That was so sweet of the HD lady to email you and that seeing you guys made her day. You had me in tears at the end of your post. ...and your hair looks really cute ny the way.
LOVE that post. I dont know what else to say....so so so good. you are amazing sis.
Post a Comment