Today the kids slept in until 8:30! I actually woke up before them which was a welcome change. Rylee was still asleep and I was nervous that something was wrong because she never sleeps so late in the morning. I ended up waking her up because I couldn't stand to wait any longer. I guess she just needed the extra sleep.
Cohen has been running around naked all morning and has gone potty around thirty times in the last 3 hours. Is this normal? Each time he goes he pees a drop and poops a tiny bit. It's been a while since I've potty trained. I'm not sure what to do when we go out. Do I put underwear on him? I'm almost positive he will have an accident. If he has a diaper or pull-up on he will just go to the bathroom in them. Any help here will be very appreciated! He starts preschool in 5 weeks and he HAS to be potty trained by then. The pressure is on.
I made my favorite lunch today. I bought a basil plant at Safeway yesterday. A loaf of pugliese bread, also at Safeway, which is perfectly baked. A fresh log of mozzarella cheese, vine ripened tomatoes and some salami. Cut two slices of bread off, brush each piece with olive oil. Cut a few slices of cheese, slice a few pieces of tomato, add two pieces of salami and tear a basil leaf into pieces. Stack all of this on one piece of the bread and top with second piece. Then put in a panini, george foreman, or in a pan and smash it with a spatula. Cook until light brown on both sides. Enjoy!
We are heading to the lake tomorrow. Finally. It's almost August and we are just finally going for the first time this summer! Life with two kids has been much quieter. Mainly because there isn't any fighting. But we sure do miss Ammo and can't wait to see him tomorrow.
6 comments:
Ha ha! I have to laugh at your worries about Cohen on the potty. This is how my daughter finally learned to go. We made MANY trips through out the day and each time involved BOTH types. But she learned (without accidents) in 2 weeks and hasn't had a single relapse since. He's on his way! Yay!
YUM! Your favorite lunch sounds like it could be my favorite too! Sounds delish! I might have to try it.
Have fun at the lake! You guys do such fun things ALL THE TIME!
That is so funny that that he's peed 30 times in 3 hours! ... I'm so grateful I have another year or so before I have to worry about that! Have fun at the lake!! I wish I could be there!!!
The lake sounds fun! I would just put underwear on Cohen. Maybe take him and let him pick some out so he really likes them. And if he has an accident he will probably hate the wet feeling and might help him get to the bathroom! I hate potty training.
have fun at the lake! I use fresh basil all the time, and I always get excited to talk about it for some reason. Makes my mouth water. I always have it with tomatoes... and some type of cheese. So good. Good luck w/ potty training. It's my least favorite thing about motherhood.
good luck cohen!!!!! Love the blogging sister. keep it up. and wow nice sleep in. they woke up at like 630 am for me when i watched them!
OH my YUM...I read this on your blog really quick this morning and it has stuck with me all day. I too bought a plant since it was cheaper than the little packages. I am about to start cooking it - thanks for the idea :) I love Rylee walking she is such a doll.
Post a Comment