Thursday, July 10, 2008

catch up

These first pics are from a few weeks ago. For FHE one night we took the kids on a hike. The boys loved it. Ammon took his bug catcher to catch a lizard but unfortunately didn't see any. After each little hill Cohen would yell, "We did it guys! We made it to the top!" Although I was paranoid that a mountain lion would jump out and eat our little family it was nice to get out.





We had a great 4th of July weekend. Sadly our trip to Trinity Lake was canceled do to the fires. My dad came Thursday evening and was kicked, punched and wrestled with until Saturday night. He and I took the boys to the Windsor firework show Thursday night. Friday he and Jody went golfing for about 4 hours and then we had a BBQ and let off fireworks in our driveway. We were a little nervous at first because they are against the law here and a CHP lives right behind us but soon realized that a lot of other people in the neighborhood were doing them as well. At the end we actually braved to the street and let some fireworks off on it! Crazy I know. Cohen was hilarious at first. He was afraid of them and watched from the window. Eventually he made his way out. Ammon loved the "sprinklers" and kept yelling "the police are here, put your hands up!"


Ammon was trying to catch the fireworks.



Saturday we went to Home Depot and then swimming at Morton's Warm Spring Resort. The kids and I had a great time but I think my dad and Jody were ready to leave soon after we arrived. The pools were perfect sizes for the kids. Even Rylee was able to go in a wading pool. She LOVED the water. Sadly my camera was dead so I didn't get any cute pics of her. It was a great weekend. Thanks for coming down dad!

8 comments:

Jessie Riley said...

ok. for a minute. I totally thought that Ammon was doing SPRINKLERS in the HOUSE!!! :)

Alex and Mitch said...

sounds like a fun time you've had lately. love all the pics! miss you and the lil fam!

Debbi said...

Love the picture of Ammon trying to catch the fireworks! great picture!

Aubree said...

Sounds like fun! YOu got some great pics! I am still laughing at your last post and someone thought that your dad was your husband! So funny!

Pam said...

What a cute family. Miss ou guys!

Sarie said...

Cute pictures! You look so good, Kelly, you look like you're still 20 years old. I love that Cohen was trying to catch the fireworks!!

Celeste said...

How cute that he was yelling "the police are here!" ... so cute... what a great weekend... and I'm glad you didn't get eaten by any mountain lions!

Lindsey said...

Fun catch up. Your hike looks like a good time. Maybe next year we can celebrate the 4th together??