Tuesday, June 24, 2008

good stuff

First off the BEST news of the day, my sister Lindsey is in labor! She is probably an hour or so away from giving birth to her little baby boy. Sadly my mom won't be there until next Monday. This was very unexpected news. But so exciting!!! She was 8 cm at 8:00 p.m.

I went to Target yesterday and got a great deal on cereal (random, I know, but my husband eats a lot of cereal). Five boxes for eleven dollars and then you get a five dollar gift card for Target! So basically it's only 6 dollars for 5 boxes of cereal. The catch is that they have to be Kellogg's. I love a good deal.

My mom and I are going on a girls only mini vacation in October. Sisters, aunts, cousins you are welcome to join! It will be a weekend trip. From Thursday to Monday and we aren't sure where we are going yet. A few ideas so far are San Diego, Palm Springs, or Las Vegas. Thanks Jody for suggesting it.

I want to do a swap. I'm thinking makeup, favorite foods, or a home decor swap. Anyone in? Let me know what you'd be more interested in.

13 comments:

Debbi said...

score on the cereal and good luck to your sister! That is so exciting. I'm not in the family but I would suggest las vegas so you could all get cheap flights there?! I'm up for a swap if I could get my package before I move. FUN!

Missy said...

Love Target prices on cereal - they are so much better than a market.

I'm in for the swap! Fun.

Natty said...

i like the make up or home decor swap, I have no clue about make up.

Heidi said...

I'm a cereal hound so that sounds like a great deal to me. I would be in for a swap too. oh and you guys should go to Vegas for your trip then I can say hello!

chrissy said...

So excited to hear about linz, so sad i wont get to see her this summer. killer deal on cereal tash and I went today

Anonymous said...

I want to go on the mini vacation with you guys. All those places are not very far for me to get to.
Aunt Julie

Jen said...

LOVE Target but our food section isn't that great. I never shop there for food.
I am not a HUGE fan of Vegas but Palm Springs sounds nice. Sounds fun and relaxing, no matter where you go!

Aubree said...

I am in for a swap of whatever. That would be fun. Your trip sounds fun! Palm Springs is really fun, we went there on our honeymoon. San Diego is fun and the beaches there are nice!

Kalie said...

I finally have caught up on your blog. I love all the pictures, the kids are so adorable! Madison had so much fun with Ammon. I hate that we are so far away from the cousins. I would really like to make it down to Ca at least one more time this summer...we'll see.

Lindsey said...

Love that I had him a whole week early. I'm in love with him!

I'm in for the swap! I'll be really sad if I miss a girl weekend trip. Have you looked at the east coast??? :)

Julie said...

That sounds like fun...us Radmacher girls all have a "Girls' Weekend" every summer & it's SO fun! Last year we started doing our "favorite things" (you know, like Oprah), but since we're all still waiting for our hubbies to get rich :) we keep it under $5/item (since we've got to buy the same thing for all of the other 5 people). So far it's been awesome! Let me know if you go to Palm Springs - David & I lived there when I was preggers with Jonah...maybe we can give you tips on stuff to do (just DON"T go in the summer...it's HOT!).

Kasey said...

A swap sounds fun!

I'm all for a girls only weekend. I just need some notice so Matt can get work off and I'm there.

And I agree, Lindsey having her baby is by far the best news of the day. He's so cute!

Celeste said...

I might have to head to Target and see if the deal s going on here.
... a swap sounds so fun.. I'm up for anything.