Today was a feel sorry for Kelly day. I woke up stiff and sore from sleeping between Cohen and Ammon for the last few hours of the night. I started my period and thanks to child birth I can't stand on my feet for too long without throbbing in certain parts. TMI? Sorry. Well by eight o'clock my house is full of six kids. Who like me woke up on the wrong side of the bed. They fight, cry, bite, kick, push and yell at each other while simultaneously tearing my house to pieces. At eleven o'clock I push them all outside and we head to the park. We all need a breath of fresh air. The park scene is crazy and I just ignore it. Hey as long as we make it back to the house with everyone's limbs still attached I'm good. Now it's lunch time. "I want dinosaur chicken. "I want cup o'noodles! Cohen's drinking my water! I want mac and cheese! Give me the blue plate. No I said I want the blue plate first. I want more dinosaur chicken. I'm still hungry. I want a quesadilla. More ketchup!" On and on and on I tell you. I get them all fed. Start throbbing. Lay on the couch. Jody walks in. He was suppose to go bike riding at 11:00 and be home by 12:30. It's now after 1:00. I'm fighting back the tears. Remembering a month ago when he told me, "Just think how much money you can make. I'll help you as much as I can." um, how was that bike ride? Urgh. Now I'm really crying. But I can't cry. The boys will see and will want to know what's wrong. Wipe away the tears and keep going.
Feed Rylee a bottle. Change Faith because she played in the water and got her clothes all wet. Just like she did the last two times she was here. Put Cohen's clothes on her. Read Cohen and Faith two books. Go back downstairs. I'm throbbing. Jody is gone. The boys are outside. I can breath. Get my house slightly put back together. Very slightly. The boys are back. "We are still hungry!" Pop them some popcorn. Get Max and Ammon otter pop's. I'm pooped and holding back more tears. How did this become my life? I'm not liking it right now. And yes I'm hormonal, tired, crampy and melodramatic. But seriously what happened to me? I haven't even had lunch yet and it's close to two o'clock.
Do you ever feel like EVERYTHING you do in life is for someone other than you? Do you have a million things you would like to accomplish in the day and don't get one of those things done?
Tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow's another day and I will be happier. Today was just a no good, terrible, horrible, very bad day. However that goes.
9 comments:
oh honey... i am so sorry. i hate those days. just lay down, take a bunch of advil and dont worry about your house looking messy. nobody cares if it is messy but you. xoxo
Oh Kelly, all I want to do is (fly to CA) and hug you. I think you summed up perfectly what we have all been through a time or two, but substitute Jody's bike ride for my husband calling me saying his flight was (either cancelled) or delayed and he won't be home when expected. (That's the scenario right now!) Story of my life AND I don't babysit other kids! Ahhh! But you are right, tomorrow WILL be another day. For every bad day there are a few really super good days that are waiting to make their mark. Hang in there! Love ya!
And then you talked to your sister who just cried on and on about her day and never asked you about yours! I'm SO sorry. I suck. I hope both our days are better tomorrow. They better be b/c this one just about did me in.
Totally "one of those days" - I get it too. We've all had them, which is why blogs are so great too. It's like we can connect even when we don't feel like we can with anyone else over two (or four or six) years old during the day. I'm sure tomorrow will be better.
I'm sorry you had such a bad day. I can't even imagine taking care of 6 kids. Next time I'm having a hard time with my 2 I'll think of you and tell myself to suck it up!
I hope you take all that money you are truly earning and spend every single penny on YOURSELF!!!
Kelly, seriously. I have those days a lot. A woman's brain and body can only handle so much! You deserve a break and you also deserve knowing that all of us feel the same way and care about each other! You're awesome, Kelly, I don't know how you are doing all that you're doing.
Love ya--
Sarah
I could tell they were driving you crazy when I called today. Doesn't sound like it got any better. The bad news is I still feel like that sometimes. The good news is it happens less often. Wish I was there and could help you out.
I sooo feel for you right now. You need a vacation (sans kids) or at the very least, a pampering day! I wish I could come pick you up and whisk you away! And seriously, when you're watching 6 kids it's it FEELS like everything you do is for everyone else... because IT IS!
You're amazing, Kel. Hope today goes better. Love you tons!
Kell....I am sorry!!! That is the worst! I know what you are talking about! The getting wet, the I am still hungry, I want this, I want that on top of cramps! seriously sucks...but I don't think any of my days were near that bad...I only had three! Love you!
Post a Comment