Thursday, June 12, 2008

the calm after

It's good to know that we all have those days. Whether you're a teenager, young adult, mother, wife, thirty something, fifty and on up. We all have them. Which is kind of depressing. When I was a teenager I thought life would be perfect when I was in college. Then in college I thought being married and having children would be a fairytale. Now I sometimes look at my mom's life and think how nice it would be. But she too has bad days. We all do. What I'd like to do is enjoy life now. Not live for tomorrow. I'm really trying to do that. But I do imagine that when we have our own home, are really settled in a place we plan to stay in and Jody is completely happy with his job things will run a little smoother. For now I am trying to live in the moment.

I've also realized that sometimes it just feels good to have a bad day. It makes you appreciate the good days and really it is so refreshing to just have a good cry.

Today will be a good day.

8 comments:

Christi said...

It's hard to remember those things but wouldn't we be so much happier if we did. I think that is a good goal for me as well!!!
I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Alex and Mitch said...

Having a good cry really is nice. Yesterday sucked for me too...and from your other post it looks like it did for Kasey too. Bad days do suck but it feels good to feel sometimes...if that makes any sense at all.

Missy said...

Sometimes just a good cry helps...it really can make everything more clear afterwards. I was just thinking on my walk this morning that you guys should move down south. Doesn't your husband do pharmaceutical? There are tons of those people around where we live. And then we could be each others instant friends!

Natty said...

kelly, I totally agree. Sometimes I think I am depressed more than i am happy. i need to work on that, life is way too short to be so sad all the time. i need to get over that Mckinleyville is my new home

Pam said...

So true. It's so important to live in the moment. There never is a PERFECT time but there are perfect moments. Live and love them.

Heidi said...

It is good to know that other people get frustrated and down on these "bad" days we all have. I keep thinking my life will be so much better once Max will sleep through the night, once I can talk to him and he can tell me what exactly he needs. Then Ben played a song for me called Your Gonna Miss This by Trace Atkins and I try to remember that and enjoy my sweet tiny baby even if he doesn't sleep at night. I still start to cry though when I get overwhelmed by hours of him crying or trips to the grocery turning into a disaster.

Jami said...

I think your mom summed it up. and a side note I think if I had to watch 6 kids every day would be a bad day. I don't know how you do it!

[S Rizzle] said...

I totally relate Kelly! I have had this day so many times. It is a true realization of maturity when it happens!