Friday, December 08, 2006

Season's Greetings

I am just loving this holiday season. I have already been to two Christmas parties this week. We went to Jody's work party on Wednesday and last night I went to our relief society party at the church. We had a progressive dinner at the church and just went into different rooms and there was a wonderful program to go along with it. It was so nice to feel the true meaning of Christmas and be inspired to make this year about service and giving gifts from the heart.

I've officially decorated our apartment which was completed on Wednesday with the purchase of our Christmas tree. Jody was very particular about the tree. I guess his family took their time picking out the perfect tree and mine would send my dad down to grab the first one he saw. But it's a good tradition and one that we will be keeping. I've realized that decorating is so important when you have toddlers who are excited about everything. Ammon can't wait to come downstairs every morning and see the Christmas tree. He is also loving the snowmen and tiny sleigh I have around the room and will play with them for hours. He makes the season even more magical for me.

I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. I am always paranoid about the appointments until I get to the point where I can actually feel the baby moving around. I guess I am afraid they won't find a heartbeat or something. So Wednesday I went in and my doctor, who is a very good doctor, seemed to be in a hurry. He listened for a heartbeat for about two minutes, didn't find one and then said, "lets just do an ultrasound to see just how far along you are." Luckily they got me in that afternoon so I only had to wait 5 hours. But I was worried and preparing myself just in case there was bad news. Jody and the kids came with me and the lady got me right in. When she first started the ultrasound she asked me if I had been feeling any pain in my right side. I nervously told her no and then she told me I had a cyst on my right ovary which she continued to tell me is pretty common in pregnancy and helps the baby along for the first 12 weeks. She said it would probably just go away. Then she finally moved to the baby and everything was just fine. We got to see the baby's tiny feet and hands moving all over and the best of all was to see a heart beat. They did a vaginal ultrasound which was really cool because you could see more of the baby and check for any deformities. Everything was a okay! With each pregnancy I am worried until I get them in my arms and then once I have them I worry about SIDS, sickness, or them getting hurt. I guess being a mother is a never ending worry! But I am getting really excited to start feeling this baby move and find out what it is. I feel so blessed to be a mother.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

You should post pics of the tree and decorations.

Glad the baby is all okay. I think I would be very nervous about it all as well, with each baby. There are too many stories about things going wrong, plus my husband studies them at school so that doesn't help ease my fears!

Jen said...

I remember all too well the paranoia that comes from being pregnant. I am so glad all is well! We are hoping for a girl but a happy, healthy baby is all that matters!!

Jami said...

Thanks a lot, Kell...Now I can start worrying about all the things I haven't thought about. I've just been worried about getting fat!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the appt was okay. I never heard how it went, so I assumed it was good! I am always worried about things with Isobel too. When she was in my tummy, and even know. Our children are so precious.

Kasey said...

Wow, you guys are always so busy with the Christmas parties! I love it. Are you going to have one again this year?
I am sure Ammon is loving the decorations. The kids and I are going to decorate today! I think I have decided to just get a cheap, fake tree for this year and go back to real next when we are home for the holidays.
So glad baby is doing well! You are so lucky to get three ultrasounds throughout your entire pregnancy. I bet the really help ease your fears. I am the same way though. I totally worry until I feel the baby move.

Sarie said...

I can't wait for the new Edmondson to be here! I'm glad the little peanut is healthy. I saw Hannah's baby again tonight, those newborns smell so delicious.

The White Way said...

IT IS SCARY HAVING KIDS. I GUESS IT IS JUST BEING A MOTHER, ALWAYS WORRING ABOUT SOMETHING. EVEN AS THEY GET OLDER. I WORRY ABOUT JAKE THAT I WILL TEACH HIM RIGHT AND THAT HE WILL KNOW HOW TO CHOOSE GOOD FRIENDS. IT IS SO SCARY.