Monday, November 13, 2006

Cohen


Most of you don't know Cohen enough to really know his personality. He was a great baby. Slept all the time and smiled at everyone but things change. At about 8 months of age he turned into a little whiner! I swore he was teething day after day as he whined and cried a lot! Well a few weeks ago Jody and I decided to have a better attitude about him. We decided that if we kept talking badly about him to everyone he would grow up to actually be a whiner. So we started saying only saying good things about him. When he would fuss about some silly thing like not getting his food the very second he wanted it because it was too hot I would say to Jody,"Isn't he great?" Well maybe this new idea worked because the last two weeks have been great! He entertains himself more, doesn't bawl when I leave the room and he just seems much happier. Don't get me wrong he did have his happy times before and he really is a sweet natured little boy but his moments of losing it could really get to you. So here's to my son Cohen who has taken on a new personality that we are all growing very fond of. Cheers!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Come on now...there is no way that sweet little face could ever be anything but angelic. He is precious!

Kalie said...

Man Kyle went/is still going through that. I know that it is because he can't communicate what he wants. I started trying to teach him sign last weekend...just the basics and it helps a little. Cohen is such a sweet little boy but I feel your pain about the whining :)

Kasey said...

Cheers to Cohen! He is SO cute. I just love that picture. Hopefully your positive energy keeps rubbing off on him. Sadly, I think it may just be the age he's at!

Community Vision said...

That is a great idea Kelly. I know that Carly's attitude has a lot to do with how much attention Cole gets. It's hard for the youngest to find their niche when the older is so energetic, talking, and more grown up. I am going to try your reverse attitude change method!!!

Jami said...

love the positivity!...and glad to hear it's working. You guys are funny. And your video is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the pic of Cohen. I love that kid. He is so sweet and I think, very good-natured. Good for you guys to change your mind-set. I am sure that has an impact...there are probably some studies on it or something.

Pam said...

The picture totally looks like Ammon. I agree - he is much happier. Either way though he is adorable!

Sarie said...

Great idea to change to the positive. Way to go. I should follow your example. Cohen is such a cutie, I can't wait to see him again.