Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Old Town



My mom has this great new schedule at work (she is a nurse). She splits her contract with another lady and they each are working one week on and then one week off. So she works for 5 days and is off for 9. It's great because I have someone to hang out with. Yesterday we went to Old Town Eureka. Old Town is a fun place to go because they have a lot of little random shops and a few good restaurants. One shop a few of you may have heard of is called Restoration Hardware. Every time I go into this little shop I am bewildered by the fact that it started in little Humboldt County and is now a huge company like Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel. After we checked out RH, and dreamed about someday owning some of their furniture, we bought some fresh produce at the farmer's market and continued on to Hurricane Kate's. A fun restaurant that my mom had been wanting to take me to. It was nice to get out and do something different.

Ammon being crazy, again!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

I love doing things that are unique to where one lives! Sounds fun. I had no idea Restoration Hardware was founded in Humboldt!

Kalie said...

I didn't know that was started in Eureka....GO Humboldt!!!

Kasey said...

Me neither. Pretty neato! I always forget how nice Humboldt can be on a sunny day. I love Old Town. Is the place you went to eat somewhere new?
I'll say it again...Ammon is a nut!!

Sarie said...

mmmmm Los Bagels is in Old Town.. you just reminded me. We used to get so many rad things from the St Vincent De Paul down there, too. And we went to a bunch of band concerts there and I love the Incense Shop... I forgot what it's called. Anyways, glad that your mom can hang out with you so much! Nice pic of Ammon! He will laugh at all your pictures when he's older.

Lindsey said...

You and mom have so much fun. We should have done that while we were home...but there is always next time! That RH store in Eureka is SO cute. I'm amazed it started in Eureka too.

Alex and Mitch said...

Mom should have started that schedule sooner, so all of us could have hungout more! I've always thought old town is really neat, i dont feel like i am in humboldt when i am there for some reason.

Community Vision said...

Kelly, wasn't Grey's Anatomy wonderful last night!!

seanandkadi said...

Kelly,
Just wanted to say- I love your blog. You are your family are so cute. I want to see your kids!
love, Kadi
Oh and by the way- get Ammon a car. They are good for HOURS of entertainment.