Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bowling to the Eighties




Friday night we took the fam to bowl at the very high class E&O Bowling alley and lounge. Just walking into the place made me feel blessed for the things I have in life. The guys duked it out to see who could win the title for the night while averaging scores just over 100. (Looks like our family won't be joining any bowling leagues.) Dad finally beat Alan in the last frame, who I must say is a pretty good bowler. So it was a great accomplishment. Lindsey and I spent our time taking pictures for the blogs. It's funny how we have become consumed with taking pictures for the blog lately. The picture I got of her bowling actually messed her up and sent her ball into the gutter (calculated move by me). We enjoyed being silly and crazy while singing and dancing to the sounds of Billy Idol and Van Halen.


We've had a great time with Lindsey, Al and Iz. I hate to see them go. While they were here we also played a few games of volleyball at the church. Lindsey and Alan against dad and I. They beat us two out of three. Then Lindsey and I played against the boys and beat them. I always enjoy playing volleyball when they come. We also went to Eureka a few times to hit up the mall, Costco and Target. Both of my sisters wanted to go to the mall when they came. I don't quite get it because they both have way better shopping than we do. I love it when people come to visit because I have something to do and people to hang out with everyday. But it's sad to see them go because it makes me realize how much I love and miss them. Someday I hope we can all live by each other.

10 comments:

Sarie said...

That's a good action shot of Lindsey!!! Good job. And the picture of your dad is awesome. I bet you're going to miss Lindsey and her family. I love the blog, I don't know what I ever did before I blogged.

Heidi said...

yeah Linds was telling me she was excited to shop back home and I'm thinking, um you live in London. tee hee. but they don't have Target! that sounds like a really fun night and cracks me up how you guys were trying to take pics for the blog, I am the same way and my husband thinks I'm crazy.

Kasey said...

Love this post! I was dying laughing just looking at the pictures! The picture of dad is so typical! You look beautiful... I LOVE to go shopping in Humboldt. It isn't on the same scale as other places I've lived, but I can always find a few shirts I like and some GREAT deals at babygap.
Why don't you ever play volleyball with me?

Jen said...

Great post Kelly! Why are all bowling alleys like that? Anyway, sounds like you guys are having so much fun. I love the pictures. You look amazing as always! Lucky!

Aubree said...

Looks like fun! The bowling alley here is like that too. Love the pic of you with the bowling ball! You are so pretty!

Stephanie said...

Kel, I love your shirt. Where from? I am so missing buying non-maternity fall clothes, lol.

Kalie said...

That bowling alley cracks me up. That is where Chris took me that one night I met all of you (Kasey and Matt went too). Hilarious! Sad that Lindsey is taking off but it's nice that she will be back for Christmas. I had so much fun with you guys in Trinity.

Alex and Mitch said...

the picture with you and the bowling ball is way cute! you and ammon have the same exact smile..i can totally see him in the picture. The picture of dad is hilarious...typical! miss you!

Lindsey said...

Ha ha! Fun night. I love how being at a bowling alley gives you the license to act like a total nerd. I miss you already sis!

Julie said...

hey kelly!!! how are you?? im pretty good here!! how are the boys? man i miss you guys,you should come visit us!! well your blog is so cute and i love your pictures!! okay talk to you later.
love allie