Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Never Ending Triplex


I wish they would have consulted me before they painted it!

Okay so many of you have probably heard about "the triplex." This is an investment my husband made with three other guys obviously to make some money. They bought the triplex last June, so it has been about 14 months. This thing was the nastiest place I had ever been in before they started working on it. I can't even begin to describe how nasty it was. So the plan was to totally gut the inside of it, change the floor plan, and put all new everything into it and this was all suppose to take 3 or 4 months. Yah right! Since March I have heard, "It will done next month." Fourteen months later I can honestly say that there is an end in sight. It has not been the easiest year because of this junker. Jody was going to school all last year, we had a new baby, and he was working. Then he would go out to Eureka to work on it in the evenings when he didn't have a softball game, church meetings, or school work to do. Basically I spent a lot of time with my parents and Alex. I know that it doesn't look like much but they have made vast improvements to it. Jody has also learned a lot considering he had never worked in construction before. We should be refinancing and putting it on the market this month. It will be wonderful to finally see the fruits of our labors! $$$$$$$

8 comments:

Aubree said...

Sounds like a fun project! Hopefully it will sell fast! I will have to show Tyler this post, because he will appreicate it!

Kasey said...

Wow! It looks so different from when I very first saw it. It was a total dump and I thought Jody and the other guys had lost their minds! It looks great now...not even like the same place. Way to go Jody! I think it's awesome that he learned so much by doing this. Good luck with the sale!

Sarie said...

Where in Eureka is this place? That's awesome, I love fixing places up! Good luck, let me know what it sells for!
ps. we missed you last night at dinner! Wish you were here. But hopefully I'll see you this month or Thanksgiving time.
I love reading blogs,they help me keep up to date on everything.

Community Vision said...

Kelly, I've heard about that project from Bill Kirby. I am glad for your sake that it is all most done. Talk to you later. Danielle

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! I finally, at least, get to see the outside. Now I want to see the inside. It has really changed since I last saw it. Whatever will Jody do when he doesn't have to make a trip to Euerka everyday. That's just great.
comment on your comment on Jen's blog. Honey, we just have all kinds of sports you can watch here.The grandkids are always playing some kind of sport.Cindy

Jen said...

Hey, how come Mom comments on your blog and not mine? Way to go Jody on the triplex..It's about time,huh?

Lindsey said...

Congrats on finishing the triplex! That will be so nice to have behind you now. More money and great experience for Jody!

Pam said...

I saw it before it was fixed and it was indeed NASTY!! Looks great now, I could even rent there!
mom