Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Good Times

We are back from our trips to Trinity Lake, Vacaville, Portland and Seattle. Life is slowly getting back to normal. Luckily I did laundry before I left and before I came back and I left the apartment in pretty good shape. So the worst was unpacking the car and cleaning it out. We had a wonderful time on our trip and enjoyed seeing our family. We started out Thursday night and drove to the lake. We stayed there until Saturday morning. We drove to Vacaville Saturday to go to my cousin Jami's wedding reception, which by the way was beautiful. It was fun to spend time with my grandparents, Rona, and her girls.



On Monday morning we got up and drove from Vacaville to Portland. We wanted to stop in Portland so that we could take turns going through the temple. This was one of the highlights of the trip for me. Jody and I were married in the Portland Temple and it just holds a special place in my heart. When I was there I kept remembering our wedding and the feelings I felt that day. I love going to the temple. Jody and I have made it a goal to go every month and I am starting to get addicted to it. I just love the way I feel when I am there and the way it puts everything thing in life in perspective. I come away remembering why I am here and what this life is about. Most importantly it makes me grateful for my family and the blessings I have been given. I am grateful to have a testimony of the gospel and can't imagine ever feeling pure peace and joy in my life without it.
After the temple we drove three more hours to spend five days with my brother Chris and his family. Well maybe I should say just his family because he had to go to San Diego while we were there and we didn't get to spend a lot of time with him. But I loved spending time with Kalie and her kids. I love that she is married to my brother, he really lucked out with her. If we lived close I know she would be one of my best friends. Madison and Kyle are adorable kids and Ammon loved being able to play with Madison from sun up to sun down. Poor Jody got stuck going shopping with us, going to a play group, and listening to our conversations about girl things. But he was a trooper and even watched all four kids so that we could shop at a store by ourselves.

All in all it was a fun, relaxing trip. I love my family and am so grateful that I am close with all of them. I only wish I could see them more!



6 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a busy couple weeks for you guys, but so much fun! I wish I could have been there with all of you, but soon enough my sister! I'm so glad Kalie, Chris and kids are coming for Labor Day! I love the pic of all the girls (and Ammon) at Rona's. We have the best fam.

Pam said...

Love the blog, love the pictures, love having you live near me for as long as you will! What a blessing in my life that has been. What a blessing my family is!
love,
mom

Sarie said...

I love the Portland temple, too! I love all of the pictures! Are you coming to Utah this month?

Kasey said...

Love the pictures! You are one lucky girl to get to see our family so much. Have I told you how jealous I am? Only about a million times! I just hope we can all live somewhat closer (if not in the same city) to eachother one day...soon!

Community Vision said...

Those are so wonderful pictures. I am glad you had a safe and fun trip. I have a week before school starts we should get the kids together. Call me later. D

Jen said...

Awww, seeing the picture of the temple brings back memories. Wasn't that such a beautiful and special day...even with the rain. Can you beleive it is two kids later already?