Okay so remember that lack of creativity I was talking about? Well this morning I was making salsa to take to the lake with us and suddenly remembered that I had planned on posting recipes on my blog a few months ago. I obviously forgot because I haven't posted a single recipe. So today I am going to post a recipe for salsa. I got the recipe from my sister in law, Jennifer. I can't remember where she got it but Jody and I love it. It is very easy and delicious!
Salsa
Salsa
2-20 oz. cans of mexican style stewed tomatoes
1/4 Cup jalapeno pepper slices
2 Tbls. of jalapeno juice from jar
2 gobs of fresh cilantro
juice squeezed from 1/2 of a lime
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cumin
2 heaping tsp minced garlic (in jar)
Now just blend all of these ingredients up.
I doctored the recipe up by chopping up fresh tomatoes and adding it to the mix to make it more chunky and fresh tasting. Enjoy!
6 comments:
That sounds delish Kelly! I think I'll try it! Or at least write it down so I can try to make it later.
P.s., have fun with my brother at the lake. I miss him already, I'm so sad he's leaving back to CA.
Help! I need your pancake and syrup recipe. I have not had a good pancake since you left. I thought I wrote the recipe down, but I can't find it. Cindy
Good idea adding the chopeed tomato. I bet that makes it even better. By the way, mom is not kidding about your pancake recipe. She totally said last week that she could no longer eat pancakes because you had spoiled her with your delicious recipe and syrup. She was serious. I'd like to have it myself for those once a year occassions when I cook breakfast.
I am going to try that this weekend! I want the pancake recipe too!!! Thanks for the salsa!
I would jot down the recipes but ......ah.....who am I kidding??!!!
Okay so it isn't some amazing pancake recipe. Anyone heard of bisquick? Just add a little melted butter to it and sugar. The syrup is the key. You will need maple extract, sugar and water.
Boil:
1 Cup of water
2 Cups of sugar
3 tsp of maple extract
until it all disolves and wala!
Post a Comment