Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Rylee Roo Girl
I love this girl. I really really do. She is funny, witty, silly, friendly, inquisitive, loving, girly, tom-boyish and dramatic. Rylee can get very upset and emotional but she is also quick to forgive and let go. She is very good at arguing and knows just what to say to push your buttons. The good thing is that Rylee has this whole other side to her. She is very sweet and very loving. She is often rubbing her dad's back and giving he and I many kisses and cuddles.
Rylee is in her last year of preschool this year. She absolutely loves going to school. She does well with structure and tasks that keep her busy. Each day she wakes up and asks what we are doing. If we have nothing planned she is bummed because she hates to be bored. She has recently gotten very good at playing Temple Run on the ipad and has mastered each of her letters by sight. Rylee works very hard at school but she has difficulty retaining the information she learns. So when we see her remember the things she is learning we all get very excited! She has also been working hard on the pronunciation of some words that she has always said differently. Lately we have been seeing lots of improvement and are so proud of her and she is extremely proud of herself!
Rylee started dance this year. She does a combo of ballet, gymnastics and tap. She thrives in dance and and soaks up every minute of it. Rylee is also a wonderful eater. She will eat almost anything and she always wants seconds and sometimes thirds! Despite her appetite she is a skinny little thing but is very tall for her age. At her last check up she was 82% in height. I never thought I would have a daughter on the tall side.
She does especially well in art and drama. She loves drawing and painting and is very good at playing make believe. Rylee also loves to help me in the kitchen and around the house. When I get ready to start dinner Rylee can be seen throwing her own apron on and asking what she can do to help. She also jumps at the chance to help empty the dishwasher or help me fold laundry. I hope that little trait lasts!
I love this little girl so so so much! Earlier years were very difficult with her but as the saying goes,"she gets sweeter with age." There are times that I look at her and think she couldn't be more beautiful. She has this beautiful olive skin, perfect plump lips, and big brown eyes. And she is quite the girly-girl. After fixing her hair each morning she begs me to put makeup on her or to let her wear one of my necklaces. But she is also very outdoorsy. Rylee loves to ride her bike, dig in the dirt and be rough with the boys. She is perfect.
For her 5th birthday Rylee had a Tea Party. We invited her cute little girlfriends and ate heart shaped pb&j sandwiches, lemonade, fruit and cupcakes. She was adorable. When Rylee turned five she kept asking me if she had gotten taller and kept saying she felt bigger. It was a big deal for her to turn five. After her birthday she became obsessed with everyone's age. Asking perfect strangers how old they were. For Christmas Rylee wanted an American Girl Doll. Rylee doesn't take very good care of her things so we opted for the Target generic version and she was satisfied! Someday she will get the real thing. What a blessing it is to have daughter. A built in best friend and someone to do all of those fun girly things with. Each night we tell each how much we love each other and currently she loves me to China and back. What a sweet girl.
This last year we found out that Rylee needed glasses. She will wear them to school everyday but not at home. I'm trying to figure out how to get her to wear them all of the time. She is a fun and crazy little girl and she brings a lot of spunk into our home.
I just remembered a few more things about Rylee that I don't want to forget. She LOVES makeup! Every morning after we fix her hair she wants to put makeup on. And then when she's all done she says, "fashion" in her most fashionista voice! She also loves to cook and help out in the kitchen. When ever I start cooking dinner she grabs her apron and asks, "what can I do?" She's the cutest little helper!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love that you are blogging too. Please keep it going! It feels more genuine (oh dear!) than any other social media site.
She really is just a beautiful little girl. So much of that Iorg look in her!
She's beautiful. It's amazing how fast they grow!
This girl is good looking!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi8lDnxJz_c-MhTKUHXpWPwBsHRcaG3bO1lYqWNRvviXovqVWWUjn-L_XAOlZZwJQk9rbVigf_DWgJSscC78iImsW0A9fiywj3_lOBCyFjChkkghtUHzZTFCAEbgn2l3_x8CASU/s0/IMG_7233.JPG
Now that I am in college and have my own apartment I can put girls I think look good on display life size in my apartment in my large digital picture displays without my mom saying stuff! I am going to put this gorgeous little beauty on display life size in my bedroom!
Post a Comment