Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tate!


How can one little person bring so much love and joy into a home? This little guy is adored by all of us.  He turned three this last September and had a great day. We met his best friend and cousin Ethan at Chuck E Cheese where they played games and ate Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Then we went to lunch and back home to celebrate with his family. Tate really wanted a basketball for his birthday so that's what he got! Plus a truck and some other random toys. He helped sing happy birthday to himself with the rest of us. Then we all ate cupcakes.

I cried for days when I found out I was pregnant with Tate. I was tired. I had three other children all two years apart and our third was particularly demanding. So I wasn't ready to have a fourth just yet. But Tate proved to be the dream baby




Tate is one of the funnest, happy go lucky kids I've met. He is always happy and when he gets mad it's just comical because it's so out of character. The other day he told me I was ruining his day. He loves his brothers and sister. He and Cohen have a special relationship. It's rare that Cohen ever gets mad at Tate and he will do anything for him! Recently he's gotten into dressing up. He loves to be Spiderman, Hulk, or Batman.  He really gets into character by lowering his voice. All of our kids have big imaginations and love to play pretend together. Of course the ring leader is Ammon.

Tate loves any and all sports. When the boys have their basketball games on Saturdays he suits up as if he's got a game too.  He can't wait to be able to play on a team. He still takes a nap everyday. We read a book before he goes to sleep. At night he is usually the last one asleep. He finds every excuse not to go to bed. He has to go to the bathroom, get a drink, give everyone a kiss - multiple times and then he is still up running around. He potty trained back in October and practically did it himself. He was just ready and super easy. He never even had to wear pull-ups to bed.

He thinks he's just as big as everyone else. We are at a great stage of life with our kids. They are all very independent which is usually good but sometimes can be messy. Tate is a love. He gives me hugs and kisses all day. The other day I was getting after him from wandering off at Walmart and he said,"But mom we're best friends." A lady behind us heard him and said, "How could you ever be mad at that?" It's true. He is hard to stay mad at.  Everyone is drawn to Tate. He is just a cool kid. We are lucky to have him in our family.







4 comments:

Alex Payne said...

I am in love with this kid!!! Wish I could see him more. He is such a handsome boy. I love what he said to you at Walmart....melt your heart!!!! :)

Alex Payne said...

I am in love with this kid!!! Wish I could see him more. He is such a handsome boy. I love what he said to you at Walmart....melt your heart!!!! :)

Lindsey said...

I love reading all about Tate! That kid is hilarious and so so adorable. What a perfect little face! How gorgeous are the pics too?! The one with his hands over his face? I die! And the top one with his green shirt? Handsome little devil!

Janelle said...

Kelly, I am so thrilled you are back. You are so talented at writing and I feel part of your life again:) lol

I am pretty sure Tate is one of the most gorgeous kids I have ever seen. You NEED to enter him in to the gap cutest baby contest!! He should be a little model.