Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Ammon


This kid is awesome. Always has been and hopefully always will be. He is has tender heart with a loving soul. Those of you who started reading my blog back when he was 3 years old will remember his wild imagination. He loved to dress up and get into character. Things haven't changed too much. He still loves to dress up and play make believe. He is nine and still believes in Santa, the Easter Bunny, tooth fairy and leprechauns. I think it's about time we have the talk.

Ammon loves to play sports. He is very quick which helps him play his favorite sport, soccer. He also loves basketball, football and baseball. Someday we will have to narrow it down to just a few. Ammon is very happy-go-lucky. It takes a lot to upset him. He is easily amused.  Ammon is a family man. He likes to be home doing things with his family. He loves both sets of his grandparents and his particularly close to his grandpa. They are two peas in a pod.

Ammon has a lot of friends at school. He plays with different kids every day. I love that about him. He can befriend anyone. He is very helpful with his siblings and responsible with his school work. He gets his homework done no questions asked and is a wonderful student. His teachers always love him.
He likes to sit back and take everything in and isn't the kid always raising his hand or offering answers, even though he may know them. He is a dreamer and a day-dreamer. He will be the first to tell you how he spaces out in class.

This year Ammon when through some testing to find out that he has a growth hormone deficiency. He had to do a series of blood work and CT scans to come to this conclusion. In September he started growth hormone treatment. This was Ammon decision and he was excited to do it because he hates being the shortest kid. He is very good about taking his shot. He always remembers and has even started giving it to himself every once in a while.

I'm so proud of the young man that Ammon is turning into. I often see him reading his scriptures at night and offering heart-felt prayers. It's hard to believe that in a few months he will be ten. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful, loving son.




3 comments:

Alex Payne said...

He is a dream child. So sweet and loving. The part about him reading his scriptures and heart-felt prayer....almost made me a little teary! I can't believe he is that old. Weren't we all just living in mckinleyville?! What a good older brother and example he is. I love him soooo much! Oh and the spacing out in class hilarious...definitely must come from Jodith!

Lindsey said...

10?!! I feel like I was just visiting mom and dad's, playing with little Ammon and crying because I was so sad to leave him! He is such a great kid - I hope someday he comes and visits me so I can take him to Harry Potter world.. He is getting so big. Love you Ammo!

Lindsey said...

10?!! I feel like I was just visiting mom and dad's, playing with little Ammon and crying because I was so sad to leave him! He is such a great kid - I hope someday he comes and visits me so I can take him to Harry Potter world.. He is getting so big. Love you Ammo!