Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Halloween Night










Oh how I love Halloween. Next year, when we are in our own house I'm going to have a Halloween party.  Cohen and Ammon both had Halloween parties at school so I stopped to get a few pictures. I went to see Cohen first.  I was a little surprised at how little he cared I was there. So I got a few shots and then told him I would see him after school. When I walked into Ammon's class he spotted me right away and his face lite up. He was so excited to see us.  He came and grabbed Tate and gave me a big hug. After staying for a little while I told him I had to go back and pick up Cohen he was so disappointed. And that is the difference between my two oldest boys.

Saturday night we went to our church Halloween party. Lots of games in the cultural hall and then a trunk or treat outside.  I dressed up as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, in case you weren't sure.  Ammon asked me what I was going to be and so I decided to dress up. Just for the kids. 

Sunday my cousin and Kadi and her husband Sean came over. We ate dinner, frosted sugar cookies, passed out candy and then the guys took the kids out trick or treating.  Once again so nice to have family around! My kids got tons of candy and again I'm so sick of picking up candy wrappers and sweeping nerds up from the floor.  Tate is getting pretty smart.  He has figured out what is in those candy bags and loves to dig through them and find treats that have been left open.  Meanwhile the boys have identical bags (if their mom were smart she'd write their names on the bags) and keep fighting over whose is whose.  Oh the joys! I do love going through their bags everyday and picking out my favorites.

5 comments:

kh said...

I do the same thing. (Pick out my fav candy from the bags.) Once all my favs are gone, I am tempted to just pitch the rest, never mind it was my kids' candy in the first place! They don't care too much for mom just throwing it away. ☺

Kasey said...

Phew! You sure went on a blogging spree, didn't ya? Love all the pics. Wish we lived a wee bit closer so we could see you on Halloween. And I LOVE the pics of Tate on the post below. He looks adorable.

Pam said...

Love the pics-Cracked up at your "princess" with candy smeared on her face, no shoes. That's Riley! Loved that Mario costume on Cohen-fits him perfectly. They all look so cute!

Christi said...

Halloween is the best!!! The kids are so cute!

Jami said...

Love the costumes...it took me a second to realize that was Averi and the boys! Tell Kadi hi! It's awesome you guys are so close!