Thursday, September 16, 2010

BYU vs. Air Force


The game wasn't too good oh but the company was! Alex flew in from Provo, and Kasey, Matt and their kids drove down from Fort Collins.  We all had our BYU memorabilia on except Matt. He's a rebel. Ammon was so excited to get a BYU t-shirt. He kissed it and yelled thank you Alex when she gave it to him.   Kaden and Ammon especially thought they were cool kids. They sat and watched the game like the picture above almost the entire time.  They were also pretty impressed that their Uncle Mitch was playing on the team.  Anytime they saw the number 38 they'd yell out, "There he is! I saw his foot."  After the game Ammon and Cohen were actually nervous to talk to Mitch and they've been around him a million times!  He had suddenly switched to celebrity status.  It was pretty cute.  Even just yesterday Cohen said, "I can't believe Uncle Mitch is famous."

It's so nice being in Colorado and getting to go to the games again. We will drive up to Fort Collins in November for that game as well.  In a few weeks we head to Snowbird for a week and my sister Lindsey is going to be here tomorrow! 

Back to the house situation. From the moment we started signing papers and really processing it I felt sick to my stomach. I'm not sure why.  Everything seemed perfect with the price, location and house but it just didn't feel right.  So we let the house go. As you all know its a buyer's market right now and there are a lot of good deals out there.  We've only been here two weeks and there are a lot of locations to check out. So we will take our time (a few more months) and find the deal that feels right.  We've heard that the winter time is the best time to buy a home because the builders will throw in a lot of extras to get homes sold.

It is so beautiful here.  Everyday I drive the kids to school and we see from 2 to 12 prairie dogs on the side of the road.  Bunnies run through the yard and the mountains right behind us are amazing.  The weather has been perfect (though that will change).  It's been a good fresh start for us.  We spend a few evenings a week at the local Y where Jody and I work out and then take the kids swimming.  He's got me running with him.  I don't love it but I'm pushing through. I know it's the best exercise for me.

I've still got more catching up:

Cohen's 5th birthday

Tate's first birthday

Time in McKinleyville and the lake (boys necklaces)

Summer of Pink Eye

Life

More to come.

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

cool post! you all look so cute. i was wondering where the boys' necklaces came from so you'll have to tell me!

can't wait until TOMORROW!!!!!!

Christen said...

I'm so glad you are loving CO already. I am still waiting to love AZ -- only because this blazing heat is making me crazy. I guess I just have to think of this as my awful Winter and then when everyone else is living in snow and dreaming of sunshine, I will actually spend time outside. Hoping, anyway. You will find the best house for your family and I'm sure it will feel right when you're ready. Good luck! I'm seriously so happy for you!

Natty said...

its good to hear that you are adjusting well there, and enjoying yourself.
I loved all the BYU pictures, always LOVED going to their games when I lived in Provo

kh said...

Seriously Kelly, you have such a beautiful family. Sisters included. What a fun time to be with them all.

Jami said...

Love the kids in their BYU gear! So adorable...and Cohen's comment on the infamous uncle Mitch! You girls look pretty hot, too! You all look alike! Gee, wonder why...totally understand about the house...you have to have the feeling and I'm sure you will. So glad you are loving it there. Sounds fun to workout with your husband (-the running!). I've barely seen Ryan for weeks!

Cohen and Aimee said...

Kelly I loved this post. Keep em coming your SR, Windsor California family misses you.

Kasey said...

I love that we can go to stuff like this together and I don't just have to read about it anymore! Oh, and I'll probably be stealing a few pics from this to put on my blog. Please and thank you!

Kristan Carter said...

Oh my goodness, we were at the game...we totally should have coordinated better :( I love Colorado I think that is a place I could live. My cousin and family just moved there. They are like 10 min from air force football stadium. He is a pediatric dentist...if you need one. They love it. Let me know if you have questions on the area...they did lots, and lots of research. Also I had 2 cousins graduated from the academy so let me know if you have questions. We should try and see each other when you come to snowbird. Me you celeste, sarah tiffany...and I am sure I am forgetting someone...Miss you good luck.

Celeste said...

How fun... everyone looks so great in their BYU gear! I love that they call their uncle Mitch famous... so cute. And... hope to see you when you come to snowbird!!! Call me so we can get together!

Jenni said...

wow. Big changes for you guys. Congratulations. We are trying to move back to CA but I am so worried about leaving the awesome schools here (also with all the programs you talked about in your previous post). Hope we are doing the right thing!