So we haven't even been here two weeks and we are already considering buying a home. Are we house hungry or what? Our first weekend here we got sucked in by all of the model homes and looking at home prices. After seeing so many amazing deals we decided building would be the best because we get to choose what model, colors, counter tops, cabinets, fixtures, etc. that we want in the home and it will be brand new. Builder's are throwing lots of incentives to buyers right now. If we want something by the time our lease is up on our rental we've got to get going with the process now.
The point here is that tonight we signed a contract and dropped a check down and we have to let them know by this weekend if we are going to get the house. WHAT? I had a minor heart attack just typing that. The deal is that this house is 3400 square feet. The basement has nine foot ceilings and it will be finished adding a 5th bedroom to the already 4 bedroom home. By the way the 4 bedrooms are all upstairs. The home will have a living room, family room, and dining room and granite counter tops plus upgraded cabinets. This will all sit on a 1/4 acre lot. Not bad. So why the hang up? Well we've only been here almost two weeks. Don't have all the money yet for a down payment (we will though), and um not sure what else. I guess it's just all really sudden. What would you do? Oh and do you want to know the purchase price? Let's just say in the upper two hundreds. Crazy right? If you want to see the floor plan and picture check it out here. Ours will have a three car garage, and wood, not stucco (it was a premium). Kasey and Alex will be here this weekend so you can imagine where I'll be taking them. Advice?
7 comments:
First of all, Tyler and I are dying over here! Things are so affordable there! I love it!
But we are so excited for you! I don't really have any advice. It is a great deal and since you will have the money for the down, I would go for it! Plus you know you want to settle there.
When would it be done?
Kelly- that is sooo great! I am so excited for you, it will be so much fun to pick everything all of the extras out. You guys definitely DESERVE it! Don't feel bad, or confused just go for it:) I would love to see pictures all along the way....
If this is where you want to settle and are happy to stay in the same area, same school, etc, then i think you should go for it. (if you are uncertain could you not extend your lease by a little bit and wait a few months?).
The pictures look amazing and it is an outrageously good deal. I am so excited for you.
You DESERVE it, girl!
I think if possible, you should definitely go for it.
Go with your gut. Not your head. Consider ALL your options, pray. Take a leap of faith and it will all work out.
I am so excited for you Kelly! What a great new chapter in your life! I wish you the best in CO!
Nice, Kell! I love that floorplan...the laundry room upstairs and love that master walk in closet! How nice would it be to just be done and have a house? Awesome. I'm so excited for you guys and you can't beat the price...especially brand new-love it, babe!
Yeah! That is so exciting! Big decision... but you've been wanting to settle in Colorado for so long so... go for it! Can't wait to hear more about the process. It's so fun picking out all your own things for you home. Congrats!
Since I am coming in late, I'm wondering what did you do??
But, where did you move?!
Post a Comment