Saturday, March 20, 2010








Last weekend we drove up to Humboldt to spend some time with my parents. Jody has been working up there a few times a month and I couldn't stand the thought of staying home alone again. When he goes he can get a hotel so the first two nights we stayed at the hotel and the two older boys stayed with my parents. To say the kids love going to my parents house is an understatement. The day we left to drive home Ammon said, "this is the worst day ever." Then he cried, as he always does, as we left. Cohen is so funny, he just says goodbye with a smile on his face and jumps in the car.

Rylee is hilarious with my dad. Whenever we are going to see him, after it's been a while, she freaks out. She always gets really nervous, scared and shaky and says, "Grandpa not going to get me?" So when we pulled up to my parents house she instantly started crying. I kept telling her that Grandpa wasn't there. I had to drag her out of the car and then as we got to the door she ran back to the car saying, "I going to get back in the car." We aren't sure why she freaks out like this because five minutes after being around my dad she won't leave him alone! She was all over him. She has been like this since she was a baby. Funny girl.

I was able to spend some quality time with my BFF Tasha and her family. My kids love to play with her kids who are always over at their grandparents who live next to my parents! Get it? Anyway it works out perfectly. We went with our mom's to the crepery for lunch one day. It is my favorite place to eat. Jody and I were also able to go to my favorite restaurant, Abruzzi, one night. I love free babysitting!

Saturday night my mom, who was exhausted from working all week, made me my favorite dinner. Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, jello, and stuffing. It was delicious! Such a good mom.

My dad took the boys on bike rides, gopher hunting, to the fish hatchery and up to freshwater lagoon to go fishing. No wonder Ammon never wants to leave.

4 comments:

Kasey said...

That picture of mom and Rylee is so cute!

For some reason, this post really cracks me up. Each of your kids reactions are hilarious! Poor Ammon.

Lindsey said...

cute kids! and ditto what kase said. the pic of rylee and mom is so cute.

the crepery sounds so good... i want to go! remember when i sang fresh prince of bel air to you while you were waiting? you know you loved it.

Alex and Mitch said...

Sounds like a nice weekend! I can totally see how your kids love it there! Rylee cracks me up how she gets so scared of Dad for like 3 minutes and then is all over him! Ammon is pretty funny too...worst day ever...a little dramatic isn't he :) so cute though.

S.A.S. said...

Cute Kelly - it's Sarah, your old roommate (Jill, Jamie & co). Are you really mother of FOUR?!!! What an absolutely beautiful family you have! I saw your comment on Missy's blog and wanted say hi and see what you've been up to. What a fabulous way to have spent your time... I finally got married and have a little baby girl. Hilarious that I'm just figuring things out and you are the expert Mom. I may be coming to you for advice...
Keep in touch! xo