My mom took care of our every need over the last two weeks. She washed clothes like a mad woman, cooked meals, bathed and fed the kids, took Cohen to school, stocked our cupboards with food from her coupon deals, made dinner, babysat so we could go on a date, took the older three to a book fair, and much much more. It was just so nice to have a friend around to talk, shop and hang out with.
Tate is two weeks old today. That flew by. I am starting to feel more and more like myself every day. The exhaustion is wearing off and I'm getting use to night time feedings again. Tate only wakes up twice at night and last night he slept from 10 until 4 in the morning! It was amazing to get 6 straight hours of sleep. Then he went back to sleep until 7:30. Not bad for a newborn!
The other kids are doing great. They love Tate. The boys kiss and hug him and love to hold him. Rylee actually likes him to but really doesn't pay much attention to him. I think he looks like a different baby in all three of these pictures. But depending on the angle I look at him I think he looks different. When he is awake looking straight on he looks like Cohen. At a side angle more like Ammon because he has his jaw/cheek structure. And then sometimes he looks like Rylee did too. But she had more olive skin. Who knows maybe he'll be the one who ties them all together because they sure don't look alike!
Miss you mom!
9 comments:
Miss you too! It was a busy time but I loved it all too-especially just getting to hang with one of best friends. Love all four of those cute little kiddos too! So glad that Tate is being so good for you.
What a good cute little baby! I am glad you are doing well. 2 weeks is the magic number for me. I then start to feel better and hopefully look better! :)
I am also glad I am not the only one who cries when my mom leaves!!
It is rough when mom leaves, because we always have it so good when she is there! You will do great though, you can do it! Sounds like tate is being a grrreat baby and he is so adorable! I can't wait to see him and the other kids and you!! love you!
Congratulations Kelly!!! He is a doll. I can't believe you've got 4 kids now! You look great. It's been so fun catching up with you and your adorable family. I'm so glad he's been such a great sleeper for you. That can make all the difference for me!!
Aw, he's so cute! He even looks different from those last pictures. I know you were sad to see your mom go. Kind of scary? You will be awesome. You probably wish she could just move in, right? My mom was here for 20 minutes the other day and my house was almost clean by the time she left! Mom's rock.
I can't believe it's been two weeks already! He does look like a different baby in all those pictures. He is SOOOOO cute! Can't wait to meet him one of these days.
He's so cute, Kelly! Can't wait to see him in person! Totally know that feeling of watching mom drive away and wondering how in the world I'm going to do it without her...Hope you're okay!!! It's amazing how time dulls those aches and before you know it you're wondering why you ever thought three was hard....cause you're such a pro at four!!!
he's adorable. we have to plan a weekend for me rons and jame to come and meet him! And that song? heck yeah I know what you're talkin about - I think I tried out for cheerleading in the 8th grade to a routine choreographed to it! memories....ha!
He IS adorable Kelly! That would be fun if he was a mix of all of them too. They change so much in the beginning...
You can do it! You already sound so so good even the day your mom left - that's impressive.
Post a Comment