Thursday, September 17, 2009

5 days





Tate has been wonderful. I am just soaking up all of his tiny, sweet babiness. He had one rough night, after getting circumcised. Other then that he's been great. Last night he woke up twice, nursed and went right back to sleep. When we got home from the hospital he broke out in baby acne all over his body. It looked like he'd been bitten by a million mosquito's. Now they have almost all disappeared. My milk came in Tuesday night and I'm dealing with major engorgement. I sat in the house all day yesterday and decided I needed to get out today. So we went to Target and after an hour there I was beat and ready for a nap. I can't wait to start feeling like myself again.

My mom is heaven sent. Seriously. I would be a wreck without her. She cleans, cooks and tends to the other kids so that I can sleep in and take care of myself and Tate. I know she's going to go home exhausted especially from Rylee (check out her latest blog post). I DO NOT look forward to the day she gets home. So I'm trying not to think about it.

13 comments:

Kasey said...

DON'T THINK ABOUT IT! Not yet anyway. You still have over a week left of her. But you are right, she is awesome. Don't know what I'd do without her post-baby either.

Tate is ADORABLE! So glad the bout of baby acne came and went so quickly so I can see more cute, cute pics of him. And lucky you that he only woke up twice. What the heck?! That's great.

Rene said...

Congratulations! Very sweet.

Jenni said...

I really need a new camera. I love your family.

Lindsey said...

awww...he is so so handsome. i love his little face and can't wait to cuddle him! mom is the best. she's a lifesaver.

Lani said...

what gorgeous pictures! So precious...

Kristan Carter said...

Moms are the best. After 5 days of my mom being with me she went home. We both cried...Then I called her back for 2 more days....Tate is adorable...Enjoy every moment.

Alex and Mitch said...

SOOOOO cute!!!! I want to see him!!! I bet Jody is liking how engorged your breast are ;)

Missy said...

Oh Kelly, he really is so so cute. He looks like Rylee right? I am in love with this little nose and cheeks!

Ok I just went and read your mom's post to read about Rylee. I am dying at her:)!! So so funny. Enjoy, enjoy and soak every minute up with your mom. luckily you guys live close right?

Jami said...

he's so beautiful!!! Can't wait to come hold him!

Celeste said...

He is so beautiful and looks so peaceful sleeping. That is so great that your mom is there to help you and let you get some rest.

Pam said...

He is just as gorgeous in person as in the pictures if not more so!

kh said...

You are right he is precious! Ah, this makes me SO baby hungry! I love when they are just days old and they fit right under your chin and just camp there in your arms for days. It's the best. I would even do all the sleepless nights and engorgement! HE'S SO SWEET!!!

Bev and Roger said...

Congratulations! He's adorable. You have a beautiful little family. About your mom...she's my idol. She ought to write a book, for those of us who need a little coaxing and mentoring. Your family is truly blessed. (matt's mom)