Thursday, September 03, 2009

38 weeks


Almost there. Just two weeks, maybe, hopefully less. I went to the doctor today and found out that I'm 3 centimeters dilated. Doesn't mean I'm going to have this baby tonight. I was almost five centimeters before I went into labor with Rylee. But it does mean that things are starting to happen. I'm tired, tired and uncomfortable. It does not help that the last few days have been in the 90's. Was I this big when I was pregnant with Rylee, Cohen or Ammon? Don't think so. I have so many mixed emotions right now. Excited to see him, see the kids with him, hold him and have my body back. Oh but the sleepless nights, a two year old and newborn (again), nursing, fun stuff that comes after the birth and just the unknown. I'm feeling some anxiety and some excitement. But it goes so quickly and I hope to enjoy it because before I know it I'll be posting about his first birthday. Wish me/us luck!

14 comments:

kh said...

K, not many look like you when they are pregnant. (cough, cough, me) it looks like you have a basket ball up your shirt! (I bet you hear that a lot, sorry) I can't believe he's here in 2 weeks! Okay I am anxious for you! FOUR IS FUN. FOUR IS FUN. Say that over and over, at least until you are totally and 100% convinced. :0) You will do awesome! You look fabulous!

{Erica} said...

You look SO GOOD!!! Seriously you are all belly and that's a good thing. Such a beautiful lady you are!

It's crazy to me how fast your pregnancy went by...I'm guessing that's because I am not the one that was pregnant )

Kasey said...

You look awesome. I don't think you look any bigger than with the other kids. Maybe just a touch, but you always just look like a basketball is under there. That's it. Cute as can be. And yes, you will be blogging about his first birthday before you know it...I just did Ethan's six-month and it kills me. Goes by WAY too fast!

Sarie said...

You look so good Kelly. As always. Good luck with everything! When I think about having a fourth I feel the same way. Excitement, anxiety... all of those. But we will get there eventually. I can't wait to see him!

Kalie said...

Kelly you look beautiful! I can't believe how close you guys are to having Tate. You will do great :) I can't wait to see a picture of him.

Jenni said...

Man. I am feeling ALL of those things just trying to decide if there is a 4th for our family! Wanting the baby, not neccessarily wanting all the rest! So conflicted. You will have to let me know how it goes... help me decide.

Natty said...

Your braver than me, if I had 4 children one being 2 and a newborn I know I would have a mental break down. Your mom will have to move in with you for a while.

Debbi said...

You look GREAT - nothing but a basketball belly - and so cute! Did you go with Tate for the name then - I see it on your counter, I love that name! I can't wait to see the little guy, I hope it cools off soon so you can be a little bit more comfortable!

Louise said...

I echo all the other commenters and say you look beautiful. Truly. Your pregnancy has flown by on your blog, but you were smart to wait until 18 weeks to share it! Good luck, good luck!!

Lindsey and I have a mutual friend who just had her fourth baby last Christmas - she sent me a card with a photo of all of them on it, and it is precious - so many little spirits to take care of, but there was something about them all being hers that moved me. I am sure you will feel that way with Tate joining your family. He is a very lucky baby.

Aubree said...

You are so cute! You are so lucky not to get a puffy face when you are pregnant! My face gets huge!! Hopefully he comes sooner than later!

Alex and Mitch said...

Kel you look AMAZING! Really. Just what everyone else has said. Your hair is getting so long! I just chopped all mine off. I'll have to take a pic of it... I think its shorter than it probably has ever been, at least in back. Are you going to grow yours out? I hope the weather cools off for you and this baby comes soon! you will do great and bounce right back! If you need some help you can send Rylee to me :)

Marni's Organized Mess said...

You look sooo adorable! I cant wait to hear the news! :)

Lindsey said...

you are so not big! it really looks like you put a basketball underneath your shirt! you look amazing and will do great with 4 kids. wish i could be there to help you out right now and give you some rest. like your outfit. :)

Missy said...

You look SO good Kelly. really? you are 38 weeks?! I'm so excited for you and to see this little guy.

I think I had those same emotions going from 1-2 (sleepless nights, nursing) but I think that is where it ended b/c once you hold him you'll be happy to do it all over again.

I'll be checking in over and over just to wait and see! Can you blog from the hospital??