A breakdown of our week:
Thursday- We ate breakfast in the hotel (Matt is a goldcard member and so it was free each morning). Then we worked out and headed to the beach. We had to duck from the rain one time but for the most part it was perfect. I think we were both in shock. No one crying, no cleaning, no carpooling. Just lots of sun and beautiful scenery. It was a bit surreal. Later that evening we went to the Cheesecake Factory and shared Chicken Madiera. Unfortunately Kasey's chicken was a bit undercooked so we didn't finish the meal but our dinner ended up costing nine dollars and we both got free cheesecake. We were in a great location for lots of good food and shopping.
Friday- We got up early rented a car and drove to Pearl Harbor. After PH we drove to Walmart to pick up souvenirs for the kids. Then on to the Dole Plantation for pineapple whips. YUMMO! Later we drove up to the Northshore to lay out. We ended up passing by a beach that was hosting the triple crown surf competition. It took a while but we finally parked and then walked out to the beach and found a spot to watch the competition. We felt so cool watching a surf competition. Such posers! We stayed there until late afternoon and then drove to the temple to go through a session. Once the session was offer we hurried to the Polynesian Cultural Center to watch the night show. It was a busy day but we were pretty proud of all our accomplishments.
Saturday- We returned the car and then went back to the hotel for breakfast. After breakfast we went out to the beach laid out for a few hours and then went to CPK for lunch. We took afternoon naps and then took the shuttle to the best mall. It had every store you could ever want to shop in as well as every restaurant.
Sunday- Kasey's 30th b-day! We went to a delicious breakfast at a hotel overlooking the ocean. The waiter gave Kas a lei for her birthday. We ended up laying out at the pool that day because the weather wasn't looking too great. Later we went out to eat at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Unfortunately I got sick minutes after taking my last bite so the rest of the night wasn't too fun.
I left Monday at 11:30 in the morning. It was so sad to say goodbye to Kasey especially since she was going to be stay 36 hours longer than I did! But she needed it much more. Man I love that girl. We seriously had a great time. We would worry it was going to rain every day but each time we stepped out to go to the beach the sun would appear and the clouds would part! It was weird having pictures taken of myself. You feel kind of funny after always taking them of your kids. It's so nice to have a tan but I feel like it's already fading. This needs to be an annual event!
In case you didn't know Kasey is 27 weeks pregnant, doesn't she look good?
Thank You Mateo. I will forever be indebted to you!
15 comments:
Sounds like a fun time! Lucky girl. I wish Matt liked me best. :)
You both look so cute. I forgot Kasey was pregnant for a second, so the pic of her by herself reminded me. She looks adorable!
Fun fun fun! I would love a trip to Hawaii with my sisters. Or Ben, or anyone really.
Lucky girl!!!!! It looks like you had a blast. How many Kiddo's does Kasey have now?
Ha Ha! I love all the "Kelly" poses at the top! You look so cute!
What fun! Okay, so I love seeing you with your sisters. I have three girls and HOPE they all end up being as such good friends as you are with yours.
Kasey does look cute! Congrats to her on her pregnancy! (The 4th baby is the BEST.)
wow, kelly. you are gorgeous. and tan. and i am jealous. :) plus, i'm in love with your red shirt. where did you get it??
Your sister does look amazing - I never look like that when I'm prego! I'm pretty sure you have the best BIL ever, too!
Wow! So fun! Reading your post brought back memories of my times at BYU-H. sigh.
You guys both look great and I love your hair!
I think I need to talk to my BIL about a Hawaii trip!
geez I forgot Kase was even pregnant looking at those pictures! Lucky girl...kind of makes me sick and then I think oh yeah, no wonder she has 4 kids. She always looks fabulous! And so do you kellbell. Love the hair, love the outfits, love everything. So glad you had such a fun trip. I miss you guys SO SO much!
p.s. we've stayed at that hotel you guy ate at on the beach...isn't it nice? Mom has stayed there a lot. I love that tree.
Only in my dreams!!! Looks like so much fun! Loved all the poses--You look great! My best friend just turned 30 yesterday and mine is only in a few months. AHHH!
YAY... I've been checking to see if you posted pix yet.
LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!!
and it is SO fun to see Kase Preggo... I'm so glad you got to go and spend her HAPPY time with her... but NEXT TIME. I'm coming with!
That looks incredible! You guys both look so cute too and even though we've never even met (well, actually we have Kelly, right?) I see the resemblance so much with you two and Lindsey.
Ha-ha. Love the title! Sigh. You are quick at blogging the trip, girlie! It was wonderful and I promise I'll get you the pictures from my camera. At this point, I may just burn them and send them to you. Love ya!
What a great trip!! You are so lucky! What a great brother in law you have. Your gray swimsuit is so cute by the way. Hawaii is my home away from home... my sanctuary... I'm so happy you guys got to go and relax... I can't think of any greater place to take off too.
Two gorgeous girls on a great trip together. Doesn't get much better. I'm so glad you had such a great time! I had a lot of fun with the kids and sun in Santa Rosa. No waves but still a good time.
mom
Post a Comment