Sunday, November 09, 2008

"My first Trophy!"


Ammon had his soccer party on Friday. We went to a local pizza place. I didn't tell him before going that he was going to get a trophy because I knew surprising him would be even better. The coach called each kid up one by one and talked about the great things they did over the season. When it was Ammon's turn he was soaking every word the coach said about him up. But getting that trophy was the highlight of his week, well maybe even year! He kept showing everyone and saying, "Can you believe I got my first trophy?!" He would say it over and over to Cohen and then he said,"This is my first one but I'm going to get lots more in football and baseball." That made his dad very proud. When we got home he had to call grandma and grandpa right away to tell them the news. He slept with the trophy and ended up getting in bed with us in the middle of the night. I got him tucked in between Jody and I and then he said, without even opening his eyes, " I can't believe I got my first trophy tonight." It was the cutest thing. He shows it to everyone that comes to the house. It's so much fun having a kid that gets excited about everything!

10 comments:

Aubree said...

That is the cutest! I wish you lived closer because Hailee and Ammon would be buddies. Hailee gets excited like that too!
Tyler walked by and looked at the picture and said he looks just liked Jody. I told him he was on crack because I think he looks just like you!

Pam said...

And that story is just one more reason why I love that little boy so much. I love that he called us right away with the "big news" and that he keeps calling it his "first" trophy. He is priceless.

Heidi said...

He is such a sweet boy!!

Kasey said...

That is so funny! I love how excited he was about his first trophy! Did everyone get them? Cute little Ammon. And the fact that he called mom and dad to tell them about it is icing on the cake. What a cute boy!

Lindsey said...

Such a cutie! I love that even half asleep he was so excited. Hmm...pizza sounds good. It is at that place (mary's ? is that the name?). I love the pizza place near you.

Alex and Mitch said...

sooo cute! Cant wait to see him...he looks like he is getting so old!!

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest picture, I can't wait to see him and have him tell me all about it. When I talked to him on the phone he was pretty quick but very excited.
Great job Ammon I am sure there will be many more to follow.
Gramps

Natty said...

what a doll, that definitly wont be his last trophy!

seanandkadi said...

have a great time! you are so luckY. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Celeste said...

That is so funny that... what a great kid!